If you’re looking to spruce up your house, go beyond a replacement window in Daytona Beach. Kick up your decorating game with creative use of mirrors. We have helpful tips on hand to make your space look great:
- Use large mirrors in tiny rooms. This helps give the illusion of more space, which is particularly useful when considering window replacement in Daytona Beach. Homeowners often seek ways to make their small rooms seem larger.
- Make sure to place mirrors with beauty in mind. Mirrors are a great addition to any space, but you want to ensure they’re reflecting things that are pleasing to the eye. Placing mirrors randomly throughout your house will generate a cluttered effect, rather than enhancing esthetics.
- Keep mirrors out of the kitchen and bedrooms as much as possible. A mirrored backsplash would definitely be a statement, but would need constant maintenance because of water spots. Mirrors in the bedroom generally reflect the bed, which isn’t usually a pleasing look.
- Don’t put mirrors on ceilings. Most people don’t do this and are aware of why it could be perceived as tacky; but in case the 1970s tap you on the shoulder, avoid the temptation.
- Try mirrored furniture. Placing mirrors on desks, coffee tables, and drawers gives them the feeling of being invisible. It can make your space seem larger, as well.
- Grouped mirrors can also produce a positive effect. Remember to scale them like art pieces for maximum visual pleasure. You’ll want pieces similar in size, unless you’re deliberately going for a more random look.
- Entryways are a great place for mirrors. These areas often lack natural light, and mirrors can solve this problem by reflecting available light while providing a backdrop for candles and other lighting elements. Plus, it’s good for feng shui!
- Don’t forget that mirrors come in different cuts. Mirrors offer more options than a standard, square, flat shape. There are mirrors decorated with wrought iron or stained glass exteriors, as well as bevels, princess cuts, and diamond cuts.
Mirrors can be used to completely transform the look of any room and complement your window replacement in Daytona Beach! Contact Indian River Glass today for your personalized consultation.