Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of windows and doors am I required to have?
- Do we have to get a permit?
- Does your company do its own installations
or are outside contractors utilized?
- How long will it take to get the job done?
- Is it possible to get a ball park price over the phone?
- Are screens included in the price?
- What do I have to do and will it be messy?
- What kind of windows and doors do you have?
- What is the warranty?
- Is installation included in the warranty?
- Why is it necessary to use custom style windows
and doors in replacement applications?
- How do I measure my windows?
Answer: That requires a home inspection. Different areas have different local building codes that specify different types of windows. These codes must be met and they do vary from location to location.
Answer: Yes. All windows and door replacements require a building permit by a licensed certified contractor. We are licensed in the State of Florida.
Answer: We use our own trained installers. All are employees of Indian River Glass. This gives us greater control over quality.
Answer: Lead times are established by manufacturers and are based on the products selected. Once the product is selected, we'll establish a clear timetable. We always strive to complete your project in a timely manner.
Answer: No. In order to ensure we provide as accurate an estimate as possible, we conduct a thorough inspection of the property to determine the type of windows to be used, the available options for those windows, and code requirements specific to your area. Note that all estimates are free of charge.
Answer: Yes, unless otherwise requested.
Answer: During our free estimate, we'll identify and discuss any unusual requirements with you. Once the job begin, every effort will be made to ensure that installation has as little impact on you as possible. We pride ourselves on keeping a safe and clean worksite.
Answer: We offer a variety of styles from single pane, thermo-pane, impact resistant and insulated impact resistant styles in wood, aluminum and vinyl.
Answer: Warranties vary by each manufacturer, based on the type of products and glass. Written warranties are available with each purchase.
Answer: Yes, we back our installation for one year and use quality products to ensure your windows are installed to code.
Answer: We do this to prevent removal or damage to either interior or exterior surfaces, including stucco, drywall, marble, or tile. Custom installations also help ensure plumb-square installation for air-tight fit and easy operation.
Answer: The beauty of working with Indian River Glass is that you don't have to. All of our installers are trained to do quality professional work. We take the worry out of how to so you can relax and enjoy your new windows and doors. We worry about proper measurements for correct fit and with today's new window and door styles that can be complicated.
We take care of meeting current code requirements like:
- Egress for emergency escape where required by code.
- Safety glazing in windows required by location in home.
- Meeting turtle code requirements for shading co-efficient in county of Volusia as required.
- Meeting current Florida codes for Wind Borne Debris protection on all windows and doors.
- Making sure the windows and doors have Florida product approval and Notice of Acceptance.
- Making sure proper permits are pulled and inspection is done at completion.
Selecting windows raises many questions. Style, type, price, lead-times, installation, code requirements, permits and after the sale service are common. A visit to your residence by one of our estimators will answer all of your questions.
Please contact us for a free, no obligation estimate and let our 35 years of experience work for you.
Serving these area Volusia County Flagler County
City's: New Smyrna Beach, Daytona Beach, Edgewater, Deland, Palm Coast, Ormond Beach.